US Hair Restoration Enrolls Participants for a New Hair Transplant Study
US Hair Restoration is excited to announce our current scientific study while we are developing the newest techniques of hair transplantation with devices to extract hair from the scalp. We are enrolling patients in this clinical study to evaluate the effect of the timing of extraction for follicular units on hair follicles for their final growth.
This study will be performed between October 25th and December 31st, 2011 in the Los Angeles US Hair Restoration office. Volunteers who are interested and eligible for this study will receive a significant discount (50%) on the cost of their hair restoration procedures after their initial one hour consultation with Dr. Mohebi. The study is only done on a tiny number of follicular grafts and won’t affect the other follicular grafts or other stages of the hair transplant surgery. All procedures of hair transplantation will be done exactly the same way as is usually performed with the latest techniques of hair transplantations at the Los Angeles office of US Hair Restoration.
Here are the criteria for participating in the study:
1. Men with Typical Male Patterned Baldness
2. Have at least one area on the top or crown with total baldness (No normal and thick hair in the balding area as is shown in picture)
3. Pigmented Hair (at least 50% of hair should be non-white)
4. Patient must agree to come back for follow up visits at 6 and 12 months.
1. Women (This study is for typical Male Patterned Baldness patients only)
2. Presence of large number of visible (long or thick) hair in study area.
3. Presence of other skin conditions that may cause hair loss such as Alopecia Areata or Cicatricial Alopecia now or in the past.
4. Having more than 50% Gray (White) Hair.